In This Series
The Ingredients Of A Great Church (0)
Sunday, March 10, 2019
The Ingredients of a Great Church, Part 2
What makes a church a good church? And then what does it take to make a good church great? We often use the phrase “go to church,” but in reality, as Christians, you and I were called to be the church. So what does that look like? What characteristics should make up those who Christ called “My church”… what does Jesus want His church to look like? It’s not just a building. It’s not just a ministry program. And it’s not just on Sunday morning. In this series, we examine the characteristics Jesus wants His church to live out every day.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Ingredients to a great church include pliability, expendability, and ownership.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- When things don’t go your way, how do you respond? Do you have an attitude of pliability in the everyday things of life?
- Read Isaiah 64:8, Job 38:4 and Romans 9:20. In your relationship with God, do you allow Him to shape and mold you? If you don’t allow God to mold and shape you, who’s truly God in the relationship; you or Him? As you discuss, is there anything that needs to change in your relationship with Him?
- Pastor Harrell mentioned “the sad reality of today.” Do you relate more to being consumed by God or enriched (what’s in it for me) by God?
- What fears, thoughts or hesitation do you have when it comes to being expendable for God? What’s one small step you can take to make progress in this area?
- This morning, we sang “God, You’re So Good” and “I Surrender All.” Do you believe that God is truly good enough that we are willing to surrender all? Does your life reflect that?
- When it comes to ownership, do you view yourself as a manager of the things God has blessed you with (kids, talents, finances, time, home, etc.) or do you think you own it all? Explain. Do your life and actions match up with your answer?
- Read 2 Corinthians 12:15. Are you willing to spend yourself to reach people with the Good News of Jesus Christ? If yes, share with your group one action step, you’ll do this week, to live this out?
- How can you, as part of the church, live with commitment, compassion, pliability, expendability, and ownership without burning out?
- What’s one next step you need to take after listening to this series?
Please pray for those affected by the flooding in Malawi, Africa.