Sunday, July 07, 2019
The Holy Spirit
Take Away / Application
I am known for something. Will it be the fruit of the Spirit or the works of the flesh?
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- In what ways do we try to change external things hoping that they lead to a change on the inside?
- What has been your experience or thoughts about the Holy Spirit before now? Did He play much of a part in whatever spiritual upbringing you have had?
- Read John 16:7–8. We think that it would be so great to get to be with Jesus in the flesh—to see him face-to-face, listen to his voice, and walk side-by-side! He’d be there to teach you, and help you live for God. But Jesus taught that we’re better off when He is absent and the Holy Spirit comes to live in us. What do you think about Jesus’ statement? How is it better to live in a time when the Holy Spirit lives in us?
- When we receive Christ as Savior, the Holy Spirit takes up residence in our lives. How do you feel about the idea of God being “in you”?
- Do you think the Holy Spirit is a necessary part of living for God? What are some specific ways that He helps you?
- What are the biggest difficulties or obstacles you find to living a Christian life? Which fruit of the Spirit do you have the most trouble producing?
- How will you abide in Jesus this week?
Please pray for our Velocity Students (7th–12th grade) who are at camp this week.