In This Series
- The Greatest Joy
- The Slow Fade
- The Danger Within, Part 2
- The Danger Within, Part 1
- The Truth about Marriage
The Battle Is Raging (5)
Sunday, August 22, 2021
The Greatest Joy
Parenting God’s way isn’t easy… but it’s worth it. And when we do it His way, it looks a lot different than the world around us. We find that greater than any award, school choice, or career accomplishment your child may have in their future, “The Greatest Joy” comes from seeing them grow up to follow hard after Jesus.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Creating a biblical loving culture in the home starts with the parents and must be modeled for the kids.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Whatever stage of life you’re in (single, young married, married with kids, grandparents, etc.), what was your biggest takeaway from today’s message?
- What has been some of the best, biblical advice that you’ve received with regards to parenting? How have you seen it work when applying it to your life?
- Read 3 John 1:4. Take a moment to truly examine your greatest desires for your child, children, or grandchildren. Is 3 John 1:4 your greatest desire or has it been replaced by a personal or worldly desire?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:5 and Matthew 22:37–38. Our priority is to love God above all things, including our family. How do we teach and model our children that loving God above all is actually the best thing for them?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:6–8. What are some practical ways you can train up your child to see 3 John 1:4 become a reality in their life?
- Pastor Harrell mentioned that one part of getting a child to view their significance is to have a healthy attitude of yourself. If you struggle with viewing your own significance, what are some Bible verses you can turn to in order to show yourself as being significant and having worth in the eyes of God?
- Read Proverbs 15:17. Did you see love modeled in the home that you grew up in? Whether you saw love modeled or not, how can you begin to do so in your home?
- As this series, “The Battle is Ragging”, came to a close, what action steps is the Lord prompting you to do?
- Two key ways we invest in our relationship with the Lord are through our time in the Bible and prayer. Making these a daily priority is so important and valuable.
- Share something from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.