In This Series
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is Jesus? Part 2
- Witness #1: John the Baptist
- Different Approaches… Same Results
- The First Miracle
- The Cleansing of the Temple
- The New Birth
- He Must Increase… What About You?
- Life’s Crucial Issue
The Book of John (9)
Sunday, November 03, 2019
The First Miracle
Take Away / Application
- Invite Jesus into every area of your life.
- Whatever Jesus says, do it.
- Blessing follows obedience.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Keep your Bible open to John 2:1–11 throughout group discussion.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- How does it make you feel when someone forces their opinion or ways on you? Have you ever done the same? What was the result?
- Why is it important that Jesus doesn’t force His way into your life? Do you invite Jesus into your life? Is there any area you have not asked Jesus to get involved in?
- Read the statement, in the box, at the bottom of the first page of your notes. How can getting stuck on what we don’t know rather than what we do know hinder growing in our relationship with Jesus?
- Just like Mary in John 2:3 did, why is it important to take our issues to Jesus first? Read 1 Peter 5:7, do you believe God wants to hear your problems?
- If you hit a point in your life where you think you need a miracle, do you have a faith that remains if that miracle doesn’t happen? Read Daniel 3:16–18, with emphasis on “but if not” in verse 18.
- Discuss the following: Blessing follows obedience…Obedience does not follow blessing. Where in your life are you waiting for the blessing before you become obedient?
- How do we apply the statement, “Whatever he says to you, do it.” to our lives? Practically, how do we take what’s in Scripture and apply it to our everyday lives?
How will you be about the mission of reaching people for Jesus Christ this week? Invest and invite. How can you live out these two words this week? Think coffee, dinner, lunch, church, hanging around a fire pit, etc.