In This Series
- The Greatest Joy
- The Slow Fade
- The Danger Within, Part 2
- The Danger Within, Part 1
- The Truth about Marriage
The Battle Is Raging (5)
Sunday, August 08, 2021
The Danger Within, Part 2
We’re good at taking all the precautions to keep ourselves safe from the dangers outside our door. But what we fail to realize is our greatest enemy has found a way to sneak inside, completely undetected, and he’s got one goal… destroy us. It’s time we wake up and see the greatest danger isn’t outside… it’s “The Danger Within.”Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
The home is a war zone that needs to be defended. God must be at the center of our homes, day in and day out!
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Based on the discussion around our phones, has anything changed—or will anything change—in regards to your screen time?
- In your notes under, “Why we have to be smart about the smartphone”, which of these is the biggest struggle or temptation for you? Share why.
- Redeeming time. (Smartphones encourage isolation, not community.)
- Seeking approval from others.
- Inappropriate posts. (Always ask… “Does this honor God?”)
- Voices of influence.
- In your notes, it says, “Smartphones encourage isolation not community.” Discuss.
- Read Daniel 1:8–20. What does it look like to practically stand with biblical convictions, courage, and confidence? If you’re a parent, how can you help your kids stand with biblical convictions, courage, and confidence?
- If you could identify one thing that’s currently putting your convictions, courage, and confidence to the test what would it be? Read Psalm 46, 118:6, and Isaiah 41:10. How can the truth of these verses help you today?
- Under “Living out Deuteronomy 6” in your notes, discuss how you’ve seen the fruit of these play out in your home/life and which ones you may need to focus on more.
Two key ways we invest in our relationship with the Lord are through our time in the Bible and prayer. Making these a daily priority is so important and valuable.
- Share something from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.