In This Series
- The Greatest Joy
- The Slow Fade
- The Danger Within, Part 2
- The Danger Within, Part 1
- The Truth about Marriage
The Battle Is Raging (5)
Sunday, August 01, 2021
The Danger Within, Part 1
We’re good at taking all the precautions to keep ourselves safe from the dangers outside our door. But what we fail to realize is our greatest enemy has found a way to sneak inside, completely undetected, and he’s got one goal… destroy us. It’s time we wake up and see the greatest danger isn’t outside… it’s “The Danger Within.”Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
The home is a war zone that needs to be defended. God must be at the center of our homes, day in and day out!
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Regardless of your marital or parenting status, do you agree, what you take in (visually and audibly) **will** impact the direction, quality, and state of your home? Share why or why not.
- Think about where you get your information, entertainment, and updates. Are they trustworthy in giving you a biblical worldview about your home and life?
- Based on today’s message, whether a parent or not, is there an area that God is asking you to wake up or step up?
- If you’re single how are you preparing to have a home, marriage, and potentially children, based on the absolute truth of God’s Word?
- What guardrails do you set up for yourself (and your children if applicable) to maintain purity in your family? What guardrails do you set up for yourself (and your children if applicable) regarding technology (phone, tablet, computer, etc.)?
- If you’re a parent, what creative alternatives to spending time on the internet, can you provide for your kids?
- Read Philippians 4:8. Discuss how the pursuit of these things can help in the battle against Satan. What are practical ways to meditate on these things throughout the day?
- Read Ephesians 4:27. The devil is cunning, subtle, and always looking for a foothold. What action steps is God calling you to make after listening to this message?
- Review the “Become Proactive: Prepare Your Mind!” section in the notes. Which of these do you need to focus on the most this week? How can your group help?
Prayer or Action Step
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.