In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
- The Best Gift
- 2020: How will you pray?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- Alert and Aware
- Your Greatest Encourager
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- The Power of One
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- The Battle That Rages
- Unshakable Character
- When Adversity Meets God
- Your Life… After Death
Stand-Alone Sermons (57)
Sunday, April 26, 2020
The Battle That Rages
We may not be aware, but each and every day there’s a battle raging all around us. It’s raging in our schools, in our churches, in our government, and in our courts. It’s the battle over Absolute Truth. And this is one battle we can’t afford to lose.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
God’s Word is the standard for absolute truth. His truth can be trusted, known, and is never obsolete.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Many believe there are no such things as absolutes and that all truth is relative. Where do you stand concerning these two beliefs?
- Read John 17:17. Do you believe this verse? Explain and share why.
- If you believe John 17:17 is true, and if behavior is determined by belief, does your behavior reflect the truths of God’s Word?
- How can you stand firm in God’s truth, yet do so in a loving way that doesn’t harm Jesus’ name?
- Share about an area of God’s truth that you’ve struggled with in the past or currently struggle with. What did God teach you, or what is His currently teaching you?
- Read John 8:32. What are you doing to pursue and know the truth?
- What was your biggest take away from this message? Be personal and specific.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.