In This Series
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (27)
Sunday, April 26, 2020
The Battle That Rages
We may not be aware, but each and every day there’s a battle raging all around us. It’s raging in our schools, in our churches, in our government, and in our courts. It’s the battle over Absolute Truth. And this is one battle we can’t afford to lose.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
God’s Word is the standard for absolute truth. His truth can be trusted, known, and is never obsolete.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Many believe there are no such things as absolutes and that all truth is relative. Where do you stand concerning these two beliefs?
- Read John 17:17. Do you believe this verse? Explain and share why.
- If you believe John 17:17 is true, and if behavior is determined by belief, does your behavior reflect the truths of God’s Word?
- How can you stand firm in God’s truth, yet do so in a loving way that doesn’t harm Jesus’ name?
- Share about an area of God’s truth that you’ve struggled with in the past or currently struggle with. What did God teach you, or what is His currently teaching you?
- Read John 8:32. What are you doing to pursue and know the truth?
- What was your biggest take away from this message? Be personal and specific.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.