In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
Stand-Alone Sermons (43)
Sunday, June 23, 2019
Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
Take Away / Application
The principles you live by, drive the life you live and impacts those around you.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Although today’s message is directed toward parents its rich in content, practical and applicable to non-parents, singles and young adults.
- What principles, guidelines or moral code do you live by? Where did or does yours come from? How much of those guiding principles come from the Bible? Some, none, all? Why or why not
- Read John 17:17. Does the truth of the Bible connect with your life? If so how much? Is there any area of life to try to detach from the Bible?
- Have you experienced performance-based acceptance in your personal relationships? Was this ultimately a positive or negative?
- Read Romans 5:8 and Ephesians 2:8–9, does God love you based on your performance? How can you create an atmosphere of Christ-like love in your home, with your friends, with your spouse or with your kids.
- How have you seen attitude affect actions in your life? Read Proverbs 4:23. Why is it important to address attitude before actions?
- Is your home a favorite place? For you, your spouse, your kids? Why or why not? What needs to change or how can things get better?
- Which one of the 10 principles most impacted you? Share and discuss.
- Based on today’s message what’s the one thing or biggest thing you need to change in you moving forward?
Please pray for all of the kids at Vacation Bible School that received Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Pray for their growth in Him.