Sunday, January 21, 2018
Tell Them About Jesus
Take Away / Application
When it comes to telling others about Jesus:
- Be sensitive to the Lord’s voice.
- Be sensitive to people’s spiritual condition.
- Be clear in your witness.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have students figure things out together.
- Who or where did you first hear about Jesus? Share about the impact that had on your life.
- When it comes to talking about Jesus and sharing the Gospel, what obstacles or difficulties do you face? (Doubt, knowledge, fear, etc.)
- Read John 3:1–21. You may not have a date and time, which is totally okay, but there was/is a MOMENT when you were “born again.” Are you able to CLEARLY share about that moment? If you only had five minutes to share, how can you get better at telling your story…the moment you were saved?
- Pastor mentioned that many can live a life seduced by the secondary. What things in your life have a tendency to take priority over Jesus?
- How sensitive are you to God’s voice? What “noise”in your life drowns out His voice? God has left His Word to lead and guide us, part of hearing His voice comes from spending time in the Bible. How has your time in the Bible been?
- What is your response time to obeying God? What are some of the things that delay your response to being obedient to God?
- If God answered your prayers for prayers for those who need to receive Jesus, would anyone be saved? Who do you need to start praying for today?