Sunday, January 14, 2018
Tap Out, Part 2
Take Away / Application
I will allow God to chisel me into Christ’s likeness.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have students figure things out together.
- Based on last week’s message, did you make any changes to your life? If so, how did things go? What went well? What was difficult? What still needs work?
- What is your view of things that are of the “world”? Are Christians overreacting? Should we be cautious of worldly things? Is the world really under the control of Satan? For more insight, read: Romans 12:2, 1 John 2:15, Titus 2:11-12, 1 John 2:17, James 4:4, John 15:19, John 17:16.
- Are there any areas of your life that are conformed to the world? For example, dating relationships, marriage, online habits, what you allow your kids to do or watch, etc.
- How do you view yourself? Do you see God’s masterpiece or do you see something else? If not, discuss with your group. How can your group help or pray for you?
- What does God need to chisel away in you to become more like Jesus?
- As God continues to make you more like Jesus, how can you be in the world, yet not of the world? Read John 17:14–15
- One of the things that make us more like Jesus is truth. Read John 17:17. What drives the decisions and thoughts in your life? Is it God’s truth or something else? If it’s not God’s truth then is it something of this world? Discuss.