In This Series
- Take the Opportunity
- How Does God Forgive Sin?
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- THE, Part 2
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (42)
Sunday, October 03, 2021
Take the Opportunity
Take Away / Application
Having a fire to reach people for Jesus is fueled by our personal emphasis on the Word, will, and works of God.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- God has wired each of us differently and given us unique personalities. How do you best relate to and reach people? (i.e communication, acts of service, presenting facts, relational, etc.)
- What typically gets in the way of you seeing and seizing opportunities for Jesus?
- Based on your response to question one, how can you leverage how God has wired you to see and seize opportunities to begin to talk to people about Jesus?
- What dangers do we face, or what scares you the most when talking about Jesus with others? (i.e. tough questions, being excluded, made fun of, etc.) Discuss as a group how to overcome these obstacles.
- Read James 5:19–20, 1 Peter 3:13–17, 1 Peter 4:14. Regardless of the outcome, what rewards or blessings come from trying to reach people for Jesus?
- When you feed on the Word of God you find the will of God. Discuss.
- Read John 4:35. How do you view those around you(school, campus, work, neighborhood, etc.)? What needs to change or what can we do to open our eyes and see the fields are white for harvest?
- Read Matthew 4:4. Share one thing you’ve learned from your personal time in the Bible this week?
- Pick one person or couple from your group and pray for them every day this week.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.