In This Series
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (35)
Sunday, January 24, 2021
Director of Young Adults & Assimilation
The book of 1 Peter was written to Christians who were experiencing trials and hardships. They felt hopeless and helpless, living in a land that wasn’t their own. And as followers of Jesus today, we can empathize. Just as this world wasn’t their home, it’s not ours either.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
The life a Christian lives will affect where others spend eternity!
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Define sojourner, pilgrim, stranger, alien.
- To help understand how a Christian is to view themselves while in this world, read Psalm 39:12; 119:19, John 15:18–19, 2 Corinthians 4:18, Philippians 3:20, Ephesians 2:19 and Hebrews 11:13. Discuss.
- Read 1 Peter 2:21. How can comfort derail or distract us from being Christ-like?
- What does it look like to begin using the things God has given you to consistently and tangibly reach people for Jesus? (Home, talents, gifting, job, resources, skill set, connections, etc.)
- Read Ephesians 6:12. How can understanding that Christians are in a war sober us to living on-mission for the Gospel?
- Danny posed the question, “Are you a biblical Christian or a cultural Christian?” What’s the difference between these two? In what ways can we slowly be lulled into being a “cultural Christian?” What are the dangers of “cultural Christianity?”
- If you live for and proclaim the name of Christ, are you ready for trials that will come? Discuss.
- “The life I live on earth will affect where others will spend eternity.” Discuss. Does anything need to change in your life to make this more of a reality?
- Share where you’re reading in the Bible. What’s one thing that God has taught or is teaching you from your time in the Bible?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.