In This Series
- Trouble in the Forecast
- Something Desperately Needed
- Dangerously Deceiving
- Diligence Required
- Superficiality Condemned
- A Word of Caution
- Clearing Up the Confusion
- It’s So Very Dangerous
- What Do You Want The Most?
- Misdirected Passion
- Spiritual Adultery!
- A Fresh Stirring
- Practical Atheism
- Derailing Your Purpose in Life
- Perhaps Today!
- What Do You Do?
- Utmost Importance
- Our Common Ministry
Let’s Get Real! (18)
Sunday, July 15, 2018
Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”? But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”
Take Away / Application
God longs for the entire devotion of your life.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- As a group, discuss the meaning of worldliness. As a group, look up any verses you can find on worldliness.
- What does worldliness look like in your life? What has a tendency to draw your attention away from Jesus (money, time, material things, a relationship, media, etc.)?
- Read James 4:4–6. In light of today’s message is there anything you need to stop doing?
- Do you find it easier to say “yes” to Jesus or the world? Explain.
- Describe a time in your life where God has used a storm or trial to humble you?
- Do you believe that Jesus provides everything you need for happiness and joy in your life? Why or why not?
- Jesus actively engaged the lost, tax collectors, sinners and broken people of the world. The same broken world exists today. How can you actively take the love of Christ to the community around you?
- As you reflect on this message, what spoke to you the most? Is God asking you to change in any way? Share.