In This Series
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- THE, Part 2
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (40)
Sunday, November 29, 2020
Spending Time with God
Sunday is the time of the week we get to come together as a church family, but we can’t make the mistake of thinking that’s enough. In reality, as believers, we’re never going to grow closer to Jesus if Sunday is all we give Him. It’s that time on Monday through Saturday as we are “Spending Time with God” that is where we can truly begin to delight in Him.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Quality and quantity are two words that must describe our spending time with God. The result brings glory to God and impacts our worship, fulfillment, productivity, and worry.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What impacted you the most from listening to Ron and Donna’s story?
- Read Philippians 4:6–7 and Matthew 11:28–30. Ron said, “When God is carrying your load, it’s pretty light.” Share about a time when you’ve experienced the same.
- Read 1 Timothy 2:1. Over one thousand people were praying for Donna. Have you experienced the power of people praying for you? How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
- Quantity and quality are inseparable in spending time with God. How have you seen these impact your relationship and spiritual growth with Jesus?
- Read Psalm 37:4. Would you describe spending time with God as a delight or a duty? If it’s more of a duty, what do you think needs to change and how can your group help?
- Pastor Harrell said, “Don’t divide the sacred and the secular.” Define “sacred” and “secular”, if needed. How is God infused into your business, school, relationships, daily interactions, etc? How can you improve in this area? Ask your group for ideas.
- Quality time with God is when your focus is fixed on God. How has your time with God, in the Bible, been this week? Share how is it impacting your daily life?
- How have you seen the four benefits (in your notes) of spending time with God play out in your life?
Challenge and Action Step
What desires do you have that are not of the Lord? Begin to ask, “Lord, what is the desire of your heart for my heart?”
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.