In This Series
- Our Common Ministry
- Utmost Importance
- What Do You Do?
- Perhaps Today!
- Derailing Your Purpose in Life
- Practical Atheism
- A Fresh Stirring
- Spiritual Adultery!
- Misdirected Passion
- What Do You Want The Most?
- It’s So Very Dangerous
- Clearing Up the Confusion
- A Word of Caution
- Superficiality Condemned
- Diligence Required
- Dangerously Deceiving
- Something Desperately Needed
- Trouble in the Forecast
Let’s Get Real! (18)
Sunday, April 15, 2018
Something Desperately Needed
James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings. My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
Take Away / Application
- Wisdom is seeing life from God’s point of view.
- God is the source of wisdom.
- We are to ask for wisdom daily, with confidence and in faith.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- If God came to you with a blank check what would you ask for?
- What is the difference between knowledge and wisdom? How do you think the world would define wisdom?
- What thoughts come to mind when you think about God? Do you view Him as a dictator, puppet master, generous giver, loving father, etc.?
- “Wisdom is seeing life from God’s point of view.” How do you typically view life? Is it from your view or God’s? How can we make changes to see life from God’s point of view more often?
- “God is the source of wisdom.” What do you do when you’re overwhelmed? To get wisdom, where do you typically turn (books, people, knowledge, God, etc.)? If you don’t normally turn to God, why do you think that is?
- How often do you come to God and ask without doubting?
- Read Matthew 14:22–33. What “waves” are distracting you from focusing on Jesus on a weekly or daily basis?
- Where do you need wisdom in your life right now?