Sunday, March 24, 2019
Sinners & Saints, Part 2
Director of Young Adults & Assimilation
Check out Evan Weise’s story at 30:20!
Throughout life, we all look for stability, strength, results, purpose, and direction.
When it comes to making decisions, how we live and what we focus on… knowing what to do is valuable, however, sometimes it’s just as important to know what not to do.
Psalm 1 gives us wisdom and direction into how we should, and should not live our lives. It challenges us to examine our lives and apply its truth.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
- Does my life compel people to run towards or away from Jesus?
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Sit. Possessing Jesus.
- Read Psalm 1:1–3.
- Your relationship with Jesus starts with what is done (Christ’s sacrifice on the cross), not with what you do. What do we do to muddy up this simple truth?
- Read Revelation 2:4, 3:15–16. As you look at your time, money, schedule, etc., is Jesus your first love? How can Jesus run through and throughout your time, money, schedule, etc.? Share.
- Danny said, “A relationship with Jesus is about heart transformation, not behavior modification.” A heart transformed by Jesus leads to living differently…living differently does not lead to a heart transformed. Do you agree or disagree? Discuss.
Walk. Pursuing Jesus.
- God has a plan to use you, however, comparing ourselves to others can lead to a lack of action or living for Jesus. Do you ever compare yourself to others? Are you comfortable with how God is using you right now? Why or why not?
- Read John 15:5. Our relationship with Jesus thrives when we spend time with Him. Without Him, we cannot bear fruit. What does bear fruit mean? Share with your group where you’re reading in the Bible and what God is teaching you. If you need help in where to read, talk about getting a time, a place and a plan.
Stand. Preaching Jesus.
- Our lives and lips speak…in good times and bad. How can our lives still be a witness for Jesus when storms hit?
- Does my life compel people to run towards or away from Jesus? Discuss. Is there anything that needs to change? Pick one person to help keep you accountable to this change.
Lord give me an opportunity, this week, to speak to someone gently, kindly and boldly about Jesus.