In This Series
- Developing a God-Given Burden for the Lost
- Preparing Today for the Judgement Seat
- Do this in remembrance of Me
- When God Says “No”
- Each One… Reach One
- God With Us
- Finding Freedom
- Building a Legacy
- God Wants to Use YOU, Part 2
- God Wants to Use YOU
- One Woman’s Memorial
- A Tragic Ending
- An Indispensable Ingredient
- “They” Crucified Him
- Am I Willing?
- Another Touch
- Seven Days a Week
- Be Aware... and Prepared
- Do This in Remembrance of ME
- Boasting Permitted
- Living Intentionally
- The War of Wants
- A Goal for 2022
- Why the Virgin Birth Matters
- Take the Opportunity
- How Does God Forgive Sin?
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (31)
Sunday, March 20, 2022
Seven Days a Week
A Christian who has a Bible that is only opened on Sundays at church and then put on a shelf for the rest of the week is simply put… powerless.
Hands down, the time we spend with our God each day in His Word and in prayer is the most important time of our day.
God doesn’t just want our Sundays. He wants time with us… and we need time with Him “Seven Days a Week”.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How is your daily quiet time with God? What does that time typically look like? Does it incorporate the 3 attributes that Pastor described in his message (God talking to us, we listen to Him, and us talking to God… in that order)?
- Is there a specific time and place that you go for your quiet time? What distractions, excuses, or challenges do you face that prevent you from making daily time in the Word a priority?
- Pastor used the term “planned neglect” when describing our time in the Word. What does “planned neglect” look like for your time with the Lord? What are you giving up to ensure you have your time with the Lord?
- Read 1 Peter 2:2 and Jeremiah 15:16. Do you have a hunger in you for the Word of God and His will? If not, do you hunger to be hungry? Do you thirst to be thirsty?
- The Word of God has a supernatural effect on our lives—changing us from the natural man we were born into and the supernatural man the Lord calls us to be. Have you seen a connection between having a more consistent quiet time and blessings/promises from the Lord (peace, joy, comfort, confidence, etc.)? Please discuss this principle as a group.
- What “action step” do you need to apply to your life today. (Review your Message Notes if needed)
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week and what is God revealing to you?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.