In This Series
It’s Time To Get Back To Normal (5)
Sunday, May 30, 2021
Director of Young Adults & Assimilation
All too often, we equate the word “normal” to mean common, lackadaisical, or what is expected. In God’s economy, “normal” calls us to live a life according to His standards, not ours. Jesus modeled what it looked like to be a servant, and He expects nothing less from us.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
In God’s economy, “normal” calls us to live a life according to His standards, not ours. Jesus modeled what it looked like to be a servant, and He expects nothing less from us.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How have you seen the things the world and man call “normal” leave you empty, unfulfilled, unsatisfied, and looking for more?
- Read John 3:30, then 1 John 5:19, then 1 John 2:15–17, then 1 John 5:3–5. What does it look like (practically speaking) to look less like you/the world and more like Jesus? How does 1 John 5:3–5 say we overcome the world?
- Read Mark 10:43–45. Discuss the difference between serving versus volunteering.
- Read Matthew 25:14–30. Discuss the quote in your notes, “I am not fearful of what God may do to me. But I am fearful of what God may not do through me.”
- How did God convict and challenge you with today’s message? With the rest of your “dash” on this earth, what needs to change in order for you to serve like Jesus?
- Whether as a friend, neighbor, spouse, classmate, employee… how can you be faithful with what you have—and how God made you—to begin serving others instead of serving yourself?
- Time alone with God is key to being close to God. What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.