Sunday, March 07, 2021
Seasons, Part 2
Director of Young Adults & Assimilation
As long as you’ve got breath, you’re in the midst of a season. Some are good… some are rough. But not one of them is pointless. No matter which season you’re in, you can know for sure that God wants to use it.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Seasons prepare us for here and Heaven. There is nothing that prepares us for Hell.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read Ecclesiastes 1:2 and 3:9–10. “Only one life, ’twill soon be past. Only what’s done for Christ will last.” As you examine your life, is there anything you’re laboring for that is earthly focused?
- How can you begin to leverage the day-to-day things (work, school, at home, friendships…), for the God-given tasks that last… those things that have an eternal impact? Maybe begin the discussion by answering what God-given tasks are.
- “We over-exaggerate the past.” Are you holding on to a time where you were flourishing for Jesus but no longer are? Are you holding onto struggles or sins of the past that Jesus has forgiven?
- Read Matthew 6:25–34. “We over-estimate the potential (of tomorrow).” What dangers come from looking to what’s next or always looking toward tomorrow?
- “We under-estimate the present.” Where does God have you presently? How can you be faithful and fruitful where God has you planted right now?
- Read Psalm 119:1–18. Discuss this Scripture. Are you trying to be someone else rather than who God made you to be?
- Based on Danny’s description of hell, does that change how you see people and can… should be making every effort to reach them for eternity?
- What have you learned from your personal time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.