Sunday, February 28, 2021
Seasons, Part 1
Director of Young Adults & Assimilation
As long as you’ve got breath, you’re in the midst of a season. Some are good… some are rough. But not one of them is pointless. No matter which season you’re in, you can know for sure that God wants to use it.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
While seasons change, Jesus does not.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read Ecclesiastes 3:1–8. What is your reaction after reading these verses? Is it one of comfort or discomfort knowing that life is full of seasons? Why?
- How would you describe the season of life you are in right now? What is changing? What remains the same? What do you think God is trying to teach you?
- We heard in the sermon that “Seasons may not always create the problems, but they will always expose them.” and “Seasons can despair you or prepare you.” Are there any areas of your life where God is revealing potential problems? Are you currently pursuing anything in your life that Solomon would have labeled as “vanity?” How can your group help or pray for you?
- Read Philippians 4:11–13 Discuss how one can be content in every state and season?
- Read Ephesians 5:1–16 Life is fleeting… What does it look like to relentlessly redeem your time and the life God has given you?
- What is the season of life you experienced that produced the most growth in your relationship with Jesus? Was there anything occurring during that season that isn’t now? (prayer, friends, time in the Bible, Scripture memory, etc.)
- Danny mentioned that while seasons change, Jesus does not. When you’re in a tough season of life, do you struggle to turn to Jesus, the One who does not change? What needs to be in place to ensure we continually turn to Jesus during every season of life we experience?
- What have you learned from your personal time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.