In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
- The Best Gift
- 2020: How will you pray?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- Alert and Aware
- Your Greatest Encourager
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- The Power of One
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- The Battle That Rages
- Unshakable Character
- When Adversity Meets God
- Your Life… After Death
Stand-Alone Sermons (57)
Sunday, March 31, 2019
Search and Rescue
We place value on so many things, cars, houses, time, etc., but how much value do we place on a person’s soul?
Every day we invest our time, resources and finances in various areas. How are we investing in people’s souls? God gives us two key ways of investing in others: divine intersects and relationships. In this message, we learn how to practically put these into practice.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Christians are not just to witness with their life, they are to witness with their lips.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read Mark 8:36. How many people do you know who have “the World?”
- 1 John 2:16–17. Which of the three areas of the world most appeals to you? If the things of the world have no eternal value, why do you think we strive so hard to attain them?
- How have you seen the things of this world distract you from eternal things…specifically where people will spend eternity?
- Read 1 Peter 3:15. Are you ready to share your faith if God intersects your life with someone? How do you typically go about sharing your faith in Jesus? What fears or obstacles do you have? Talk through your fears or obstacles and ask the group to help. Use the Bible for your answers.
- How often do you feel the Holy Spirit interrupting your schedule, and how well do you respond?
- Describe a time when someone has shared the Gospel with you? If you haven’t shared your testimony with the group, Share YOUR story!
- Who has God put in your life to share Jesus with? What has prevented you from sharing the Gospel with this person(s)?
- Read the quote from Dawson Trotman in your notes. Although a Christian should grow in knowledge of the Bible and the Lord, how can knowledge relationally hinder sharing about Jesus?
Share the name of someone in your circle of influence that the group can pray for, for you to have an opportunity to share the Gospel with.