In This Series
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (37)
Sunday, October 18, 2020
We’ve got a very real enemy, and his desire is to destroy. And while thousands of years may have passed since that first sin in the Garden of Eden… “Satan’s M.O.” hasn’t changed. And it’s important to know who we’re up against and how he works because he’s not backing down.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
An awareness of who our enemy is, and preparedness for the tactics he uses, help us to be better equipped for the battle and poised for victory in the face of temptation.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What impacted you most from this message?
- Review the “Important Facts About God” section in your notes. Look up the verses referenced. Share: Are these facts accurate with how you currently view God? Did you learn anything new from these facts? Share.
- According to Barna Research, most Americans do not believe Satan exists. Do you? If yes, do you view him as the enemy described in Scripture? Share and explain.
- When we read Isaiah 14:12–15 we see Satan’s sin was originated in pride. When looking at our lives, it’s not if we have pride, it’s where is it? Where do you need to guard against pride in your life?
- “We live in our thought life.” Read Romans 12:2, 2 Corinthians 10:5, and Ephesians 5:26. Discuss how these verses build on one another and help us combat temptation and sin from the inside out.
- “Sin is always a choice.” Read James 1:13–15. What is the progression we go through before sin takes place? When we sin, who and what is the cause of doing so?
- Are you currently blaming anyone for sin in your life? How can you begin to take ownership of choosing to sin, move forward repentance, and forgiveness? Ask your group for help is needed.
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:13. What does God always provide when we’re tempted?
Action Step & Accountability
- The only way to love God is by getting to know Him through the Bible. What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord? Who—from your group—can you pray for this week?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.