Sunday, April 25, 2021
Reality Check, Part One
It doesn’t take long to look around and see how haywire our reality has become. The world today has many conflicts, divisions, distractions, and confusion. We need a reality check! The good news for Christ-followers is that God’s Word gives us timeless truths that root us in reality… and that will never change. In doing so, God expects us to live out the reality of these truths. In this series, you’ll be challenged to examine the reality of what you’re rooted in.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
In the midst of an ever-changing world, only Jesus is our unshakable, unchangeable reality.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- There’s a reality the world offers and a reality that’s rooted in Jesus. Currently, what worldly things distract or make it difficult for Christians to stay rooted in Jesus? What are potential remedies to the distractions of difficulties discussed?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:20. What does it look like to have others see and experience Christ in you?
- Read John 10:10. What is the difference between the Good Shepherd (Jesus) and the thief? What does an abundant life in Jesus look like?
- What worldly things, if any, tend to compete with Jesus as being the true source of life? What helps you keep focused on Jesus as the true source of life?
- “You may be alive, but you will not truly live unless you have Jesus.” How have you seen this truth become a reality after coming to faith in Jesus?
- Read 2 Peter 3:9–10 and 1 Timothy 2:4–5. “Don’t rush your time on earth away, you just might be rushing through someone’s salvation.” Discuss the relevance of this statement to our lives.
- What can you do, starting this week, to put a greater emphasis on reaching people for Jesus? (Lunch with a neighbor, serving someone in need, praying for someone, texting encouraging Scripture, coffee with a co-worker, etc.
- Despite our worldly reality going haywire, is Jesus your unshakable, unchangeable reality? Discuss.
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.