In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
Stand-Alone Sermons (0)
Sunday, February 24, 2019
Present, Prominent or Preeminent
In a world with so many demands on our attention, our priorities get skewed easily. Where does Jesus rank in your life? The absolute best way to love your friends, families, spouse, and others is by loving Jesus more than them.
In the Gospel of Luke, Jesus teaches some hard but vital truths about following Him, finishing well and loving others. But it all starts with His rightful place in your life.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Is Jesus’ place in my life Present, Prominent or Preeminent?
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Being completely honest with yourself, rank the top five most important things in your life. Don’t write down what you want to be the right answer, write down what’s true. Share with your group where Jesus ranks.
- Read Revelation 3:15–16 and Luke 11:23. How does Jesus view things when we treat Him like a cafeteria line? What personal area(s) is most difficult in making Jesus a priority? (Reading my Bible, prayer, putting my kids first, at work, at school, etc.)
- Discuss the statement in your notes: “If you don’t love Jesus more than you love your family, then you don’t love your family the way you should love your family.”
- Disciple means, “learner.” In what ways do you need to improve being a life-long learner in following Jesus?
- What does it look like for someone to be an active and attractive disciple for Jesus? How can you live more like this?
- What is your answer to Jesus being Present, Prominent or Preeminent (surpassing all things) in your life? If you need to take steps in placing a greater priority and reliance on Jesus, how can your group help?
- When you hear “death to self” or “take up your cross”, what does that mean for you? What area of your life needs to die the most?
- Read Luke 14:28–30. What does finishing well look like for you? For your marriage? For your family? For your impact with your friends? Are you on track to finish well? Why or why not?
- Have you signed the title deed to your life over to Jesus? Your kids, finances, home, relationships, career, college life, marriage…?
Please pray about investing in two or three people. Read the Bible together. Pray together. Stay accountable to being a doer of the Word…a disciple of Jesus.