In This Series
- Developing a God-Given Burden for the Lost
- Preparing Today for the Judgement Seat
- Do this in remembrance of Me
- When God Says “No”
- Each One… Reach One
- God With Us
- Finding Freedom
- Building a Legacy
- God Wants to Use YOU, Part 2
- God Wants to Use YOU
- One Woman’s Memorial
- A Tragic Ending
- An Indispensable Ingredient
- “They” Crucified Him
- Am I Willing?
- Another Touch
- Seven Days a Week
- Be Aware... and Prepared
- Do This in Remembrance of ME
- Boasting Permitted
- Living Intentionally
- The War of Wants
- A Goal for 2022
- Why the Virgin Birth Matters
- Take the Opportunity
- How Does God Forgive Sin?
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (31)
Sunday, September 18, 2022
Preparing Today for the Judgement Seat
Welcoming our missionary friends, Chris and Joni Weaver, as Pastor Harrell has a conversation with them about Malawi, Africa. Then Chris preaches from the book of Isaiah.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What stood out to you as you heard from Chris and Joni’s testimony of how God has worked in their lives over the last seven years in Malawi?
- Have you ever been on a mission trip? If so, please share your experiences. How did God direct you to the specific place He called you to go? Has He put any specific places on your heart for possible future trips?
- Chris briefly talked about the luxuries and comforts of this world (specifically in America) that keep us from being all in. Read Matthew 19:21–22. The rich young ruler was sad by Jesus’ direction and calling. Is there anything equivalent in your life that would make it difficult for you to follow God?
- Read Isaiah 5:1–4. Have you ever been in a situation where you spent time and energy preparing for something, but it didn’t turn out how you planned? If so, discuss how you overcame this disappointment and what you did or would do differently next time. How can we check the motivation of our hearts to ensure we’re honoring God with our plans and actions?
- God loves us, and His desire is for us to do well with what He’s given to us. As Chris alluded to this week, we are called to make a “return on our investment” or ROI. What blessings has God given to you? What kind of return are we giving back as a result of these blessings? How are you investing in His Kingdom? How are you serving others for His Glory?
- Review Isaiah 2:8 as a group. We must realize that the results of our works are as good as rotten, wild grapes to the Lord. How does it look to do something in your strength and motivation versus the power of the Holy Spirit? Who gets the glory in each approach?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week? What has God been revealing to you through your quiet time with Him?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.