In This Series
Changed Lives (5)
Sunday, June 09, 2019
Part 5: Peter
As we read in the Bible, we find men and women whose lives intersected with Jesus and they were never the same again… their lives were changed forever. And the thing is, Jesus wants the same for you and me today. During this series, we’ll be looking at different Jesus encounters in the Bible and seeing what God has to say. Because in today’s world, change can be exciting or scary, but Jesus knows exactly how much we need it.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Through the life of Peter, God teaches us the importance of being totally and absolutely reliant on Him for all things.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Since you’ve become a Christian, how has God changed you? What things (worldly ways or habits) used to be part of your life but, are no longer thanks to God changing you?
- Read Matthew 4:19–20. Currently, are you holding on to any “nets” that prevent you from fully following Jesus? If so, why do you think you’re holding on to those things?
- Read Romans 8:29. God will you seasons, moments, teachable moments and struggles to chisel away things in our lives and shape us to be more like Christ. Share about the latest thing God has used to chisel something away. What have you learned and how have you changed?
- We can be just like Israel. Read Acts 7:51 and Exodus 32:9. How does being prideful in our spirituality, telling God what to do, or taking things into our own hands short-circuit what God wants to do in our lives?
- Read 1 Peter 5:5–7. Is God zeroing in on or applying pressure to a certain area of your life that’s hindering your reliance on Him? Please share.
- What do you most like to control in your life and in your relationship with Jesus?
- Whatever you’re holding onto, whatever you’re facing, whatever you’re struggling with do you truly believe God can see you through and give you victory? Read Matthew 19:26, Philippians 4:13, Philippians 4:6, John 1:3, Ephesians 1:22.
Take one area of your life that you hold onto or control the most and give it to Jesus. Pray and ask God to help you, use you and make you more like Jesus through this process.