Sunday, September 20, 2020
Whether you realize it or not, you’re in a race… the race of life. And life has thrown some difficult things our way lately. How you run this race matters!
The Apostle Paul spoke often about the race of life and how we’re to run. In this series, we’ll look at key questions like, “Am I running well?”, “How do I run well?”, and, “What helps me run well?” Exploring the answers to these questions will equip you to navigate the current climate and run the race of life better than ever!Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
You are shaped by those around you, both physically and digitally.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- When it comes to making decisions and choices, where, who, or what do you typically turn to for wisdom? Read Proverbs 4:7. Above understanding or knowledge, is wisdom the first thing you seek out?
- What’s the last decision you made, big or small? How did you make it? Did you ask God for direction? How did things turn out?
- Read Proverbs 13:20. Have you seen the reality of this verse play out in your life? Have you walked with the wise? What was the result? Have you walked with fools, what was the result?
- If you took inventory of all the voices and people speaking into your life (physical or digital), on average, how many people are walking with you? How many give godly biblical wisdom?
- Is there anyone you need to stop walking with? Are there any unhealthy/unwise relationships you’re defending right now? Share with someone in your group so they can keep you accountable?
- Review the five last bullet points in your notes. Which area of your life do you need to do better at applying wisdom in? How can your group help?
- How do we manage “walking with the wise”, yet still have relationships with people who need Jesus?
- During this series, how has God challenged you to run for Him, better or differently than you have been?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.