In This Series
Fruit Of The Spirit (6)
Sunday, July 21, 2019
Take Away / Application
Peace comes from the assurance that God is control of my life. This results from my living in obedience to His Word.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read Galatians 5:22–23. In what ways do we wrongly pick and chose from the fruit of the Spirit? Discuss how a Christian, who is walking in the Spirit, can excel in love but lack in patience… or major on kindness and let the self-control slip.
- In what ways do we treat Jesus just as a Savior and not Lord? Has there been a time in your life when you’ve experienced this? Share.
- Read Romans 5:1. How do some try to justify peace with God through works? Read Ephesians 2:8–9.
- Read Philippians 4:4. Paul wrote these words from prison, yet his focus was still on Jesus? Do you struggle with focusing on Jesus? In what ways and in what areas? How can you better focus on Jesus this week? Look for group accountability in this area.
- Read Philippians 4:6–7. Do you struggle with worry? In what ways? How can these verses and the truth of who Jesus is, help us when worry creeps in?
- Focus on Philippians 4:7. Share one example of how you have seen the guaranteed results of Jesus’ peace beyond understanding get you through a difficult season or moment.
- Peace comes from the assurance that God is control of my life. This results from my living in obedience to His Word. How has this played out in your life? Does obedience to God play out in your life? What areas do you must struggle in obeying God?
Pray for our missionaries as they take the Gospel to all different parts of the world.