In This Series
Changed Lives (5)
Sunday, May 19, 2019
Part 4: Paul
As we read in the Bible, we find men and women whose lives intersected with Jesus and they were never the same again… their lives were changed forever. And the thing is, Jesus wants the same for you and me today. During this series, we’ll be looking at different Jesus encounters in the Bible and seeing what God has to say. Because in today’s world, change can be exciting or scary, but Jesus knows exactly how much we need it.Fill-in Notes
The Kelly’s Story
Various (see sermon notes)
Take Away / Application
May the passion of living and sharing the Gospel, along with reaching those who do not know Jesus, dominate our lives.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What impacted you most from Chad and Carabeth’s story?
- No one is outside the reach of God. Do you believe this to be a true statement? Why or why not? Have you ever given up on reaching someone for Jesus because you thought they were a lost cause? Share.
- We see after Saul’s conversion, he immediately proclaimed Jesus. Look up the definition of “proclaim.” Does that definition match what you do in your life with the good news of Jesus Christ?
- How do we get stuck on the method or preferences and lose the message? Does anything need to change in your life in this area?
- Read 2 Timothy 4:7. Paul fought, finished and followed Jesus. Do you treat your Christian walk as a battle that requires you to fight? Do you follow/keep God’s Word as the ultimate authority or do you pick and chose?
- Read Acts 20:24 and Hebrews 12:1–2. How can we adopt the spiritual mindset of, “It’s how FAR you run, not how FAST you run.”
- Pastor Harrell mentioned that Paul was building bridges and breaking barriers. In our lives, how do we practically do these two things?
- Do we share Paul’s passion for the gospel and for the lost?
Pray for any unsaved kids that will be attending VBS at Northwest. Pray for their hearts to be open to the Gospel and for their salvation!