In This Series
Purchased… Promised… Sealed. (3)
Sunday, January 23, 2022
Our God Is Able
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen. —Jude 1:24–25
Our God is able!Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Was there something from this week’s message that stood out where God spoke to you? Please share with your group.
- Read John 10:28. This verse teaches us that eternal life is a gift from God. Pastor reminded us that, “if eternal life can’t be earned by being good, then it can’t be lost by being bad.” How does this impact your faith and motivate you to live for Him?
- We also learned that it is our responsibility to get saved (to place our faith in Christ and choose to believe), but in Jude 1:24–25, we read that God will keep us saved. Where does self end and Christ begin? Discuss this with your group.
- How does God’s omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence impact our ability to trust in Him for our eternal security?
- The Bible tells us that God is able to strengthen us, to establish us, to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or imagine, and to keep us from falling. Do any of these things stand out to you as something you need to ask Him to do for you today? How does this knowledge embolden you in your walk with the Lord?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week? How can you apply your learnings?
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.