In This Series
- Our Common Ministry
- Utmost Importance
- What Do You Do?
- Perhaps Today!
- Derailing Your Purpose in Life
- Practical Atheism
- A Fresh Stirring
- Spiritual Adultery!
- Misdirected Passion
- What Do You Want The Most?
- It’s So Very Dangerous
- Clearing Up the Confusion
- A Word of Caution
- Superficiality Condemned
- Diligence Required
- Dangerously Deceiving
- Something Desperately Needed
- Trouble in the Forecast
Let’s Get Real! (18)
Sunday, September 23, 2018
Our Common Ministry
Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.
Take Away / Application
- Understanding our common ministry to believers (restoration) and non-believers (leading a person to Jesus).
- What to do when someone turns from Jesus.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- When life is going well or there’s a time to celebrate, who or what do you turn to? Maybe a friend, music, yourself, God, etc.
- When life is difficult, who or what do you turn to? Anger, self, food, isolation, friend, Jesus, etc.
- All of us are prone to wander or turn to something in our life. Wandering away from the Lord starts by neglecting your Bible and prayer life. Is there truth to this statement in your life? If so, share.
- Has there been a time in your life where Jesus needed to bring you back to Him? If so, how did He do that? Who did He use? How are you changed because of that experience?
- Has there been a time where God used you to help restore someone who was wandering? Share.
- Do you believe in absolute truth? Why or why not? Do you believe the Bible is absolute truth? Why or why not?
- Read James 5:20 and 1 Peter 4:8. Do you find it easier to love or judge when someone is far from God?
- Read Luke 22:21–32. Loving those who need Jesus leads to praying for them. Who do you need to start praying for today? Commit to praying for them for the next 7 days.
- Your belief always affects your behavior…and your sense of being on mission. Do you really believe people who do not know Jesus as their Savior will spend eternity separated from Him in hell? Share why or why not. If you do believe that statement, how will it change and affect your behavior tomorrow?
- As we close this series on the book of James, what has impacted you the most? How has God changed you through this series?