In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
Stand-Alone Sermons (32)
Sunday, September 09, 2018
Of First Importance
We welcomed Joel Penton, of Stand for Truth, to share about the most important thing we can know. Later in the service, Joel’s wife Bethany and Adam & Erin Johnson joined Pastor Harrell for a discussion about the work of Stand for Truth and an exciting new venture that God has opened up for them!
All of us hold important things or pieces of information. From grandma’s secret recipe, our bank account information or the password that we use for everything online. But what is the most important piece of information we need to know and let others know? The Bible gives us the answer to what truly is of first importance.
Take Away / Application
The Gospel is of first importance in our lives.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Share examples of what we as individuals, and as a society, deem as the most important things or information to have.
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:1–4. Paul needed to “remind” the Corinthians of what he previously taught them. Does the Gospel get old to you? At times, do you need to be reminded of the importance of the Gospel? Why do you think that is?
- Are you confident in your ability to clearly and simply share the Gospel with another person? If not, share with the group where you struggle. Talk about ways to get better.
- In verse 2 it says, “by which you are being saved,”. Are you consistently being changed by Jesus and the Bible? To be changed by Jesus we must spend time with Jesus. How is your time with Jesus and reading the Bible?
- What impacted you the most from Joel’s message and ministry?
- Who is the one person you need to take to coffee or lunch to talk about Jesus? Make plans today to do so.