In This Series
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (34)
Sunday, January 10, 2021
Nothing but the Blood
Nothing… Nothing… “Nothing but the Blood” of Jesus.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
The blood of Jesus is absolutely necessary for the forgiveness of sin. God has painted this picture of nothing but the blood since the Old Testament, and it culminates in Jesus’ willing sacrifice on the cross.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read Joshua 2:1 and Matthew 1:5. Rahab was changed by the grace of God. How have you seen God’s grace change your life?
- Read Acts 2:21 and 1 Timothy 2:3. Discuss these verses. Rahab along with each one of us is a great example of God’s saving grace. We may not say it with words, but in what ways do we deem someone beyond the grace of God? Is there anyone that you need to reach back out to?
- Read Genesis 3:7, 21; 4:1–5. These verses contrast works versus faith in coming to God. Why is it important to understand we cannot work our way to God?
- Read Ephesians 2:8–9 in comparison with James 2:14–26. Discuss the difference between works to earn faith and works that should be evident because of our faith.
- Read Leviticus 17:11, Matthew 20:28; 26:28, Ephesians 1:7, Colossians 1:14, 20, Hebrews 9:22. How has today’s message given you a better understanding of why Jesus had to shed His blood for the payment of our sins?
- Read Hebrews 10:10. You took notes on various sacrifices that were made for atonement (define if needed). Why is it important that Jesus’ sacrifice is once and for all?
- Do you have any additional questions from today’s message that need to be answered? Discuss, research, and look for Biblical answers.
- What have you learned from your personal time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.