In This Series
- NO Greater Calling, Part 3 “When the Storms Arrive”
- NO Greater Calling, Part 2 “Building Walls of Protection”
- NO Greater Calling, Part 1
NO Greater Calling (3)
Sunday, May 29, 2022
NO Greater Calling, Part 3 “When the Storms Arrive”
This is the third and final message in Pastor Harrell’s series, No Greater Calling. In this message, Pastor looks to Matthew 7 to help us lay a solid foundation so that our families will remain standing on Christ the, solid rock, “When the Storms Arrive.”Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Are you going through a storm right now? Consider sharing with the group and allow them into it, to pray for you and support you through this time.
- How has God brought you through a Storm in your life? Please share with your group.
- Read James 1:2–4 and Philippians 4:11–13. Self-reflect on how true or not true these commands are of you today. What is your typical reaction when storms or changes in life arise? Discuss your general attitudes, thoughts, and behaviors with your life group. Are there patterns in your life that need to be re-directed and re-submitted to Christ? If so, how can your group help you in this?
- Review Matthew 7:24–29. Spiritually speaking in our individual lives, what does a house that’s built on a rock look like vs. a house that’s built on sand?
- Pastor mentioned three cultural pressures that we face—humanism, materialism, and hedonism. How have you seen these pressures fleshed out in the world around you? Have any of them ever fought for your heart?
- Pastor ended his message this week with two spiritual commitments. The first is living out God’s Word and the second is loving God. Is your life summarized by these two attributes? If not, why not and how can you improve in these areas?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week and what is God revealing to you?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.