In This Series
- NO Greater Calling, Part 3 “When the Storms Arrive”
- NO Greater Calling, Part 2 “Building Walls of Protection”
- NO Greater Calling, Part 1
NO Greater Calling (3)
Sunday, May 22, 2022
NO Greater Calling, Part 2 “Building Walls of Protection”
As parents, we spend a lot of time thinking and planning for our child’s future. Where to send them to school… what activities to get them signed up for. We do an awful lot to help prepare them for this life. But God is calling parents to more. Academics, sports, future jobs… these are all secondary. In God’s eyes, there is “NO Greater Calling” that a parent has than to make a deliberate decision to point and lead their children to Him.
In part two, Pastor Harrell shifts the focus to protecting our marriages, so that our families can reap the benefit and Jesus can receive the glory!Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read Psalm 119:127–128. Do you love God’s commandments? Is scripture the foundation on where you build your morals? Are there other outside influences that contribute to that moral foundation?
- Read Proverbs 26:20a. What do you do in your marriage to invest in your spouse and avoid it turning into something routine? What would it look like to add logs to the fire?
- Read 1 Corinthians 6:18. This verse tells us to flee sexual immorality. What boundaries or code of conduct have you set in order to avoid sexual temptation entering into your life or marriage?
- Pastor described how men and women experience intimacy in different ways. Have you learned what love language your spouse appreciates most and tailored your affections accordingly? How can you tailor your behavior to better love him or her?
- Read Numbers 32:23. God is clear in this verse that we can’t escape the consequences of our sin. Have you thought about what those consequences would be for you personally if you were to give in to temptation in this area?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week and what is God revealing to you?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.