Sunday, June 10, 2018
No Compromise, Part 2
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Take Away / Application
- A life of compromise will always lead me away from the mission of God!
- I’m made for a mission and my mission is the Great Commission.
- To carry out the mission use everything you have!
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message.
- How do you view “the world?” Do you think of it as your home? Does the devil really have influence over the things of this world? Why or why not? Share and discuss.
- On a weekly basis, what most compromises your time, energy and efforts?
- Read Matthew 28:18–20. Do you agree that you were made for a mission?
- What do you find most difficult in talking to others about Jesus? Discuss as a group how to overcome those difficulties.
- What does relationally reaching others for Jesus look like on a weekly basis for you?
- How does the reality of knowing that the eternity of people’s souls are at stake impact you? Are you on mission? What needs to change? What needs to stay the same?