In This Series
- Love and Joy
- The Holy Spirit
Fruit Of The Spirit (9)
Sunday, July 14, 2019
Love and Joy
Take Away / Application
Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and strength by putting off the old you, renewing your mind according to God’s Word and abiding in Jesus.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What is your definition of love? Does it coincide with what God has revealed through His Word in the message?
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:4–7 and John 15:13. Do my actions show God’s love? Or do my actions show the world’s idea of love? Why? Does my love mainly benefit me, or does my love largely benefit others? Do I love God more than any human being? What evidence in my life shows this?
- The world ascribes joy to our happiness (salary, wealth, health, power, appearance, fame, etc.) What things of the world do you tend to put your joy in? Discuss the differences between joy and happiness.
- When good things happen, you may give God credit for it. When bad things happen, you may feel God has turned His back on you. Read Hebrews 13:8. What needs to happen in your life to detach from the circumstances of life being your source of joy?
- Growing closer to God is a source of joy. How you spend your time—reading the Bible, praying, watching TV, playing video games—reveals what is important to you. As you examine your life what are the things that grow you closer to God? What are the things that push you further from Him?
- The best way to teach love and joy is to demonstrate it. Is your life producing love and joy that comes from the Spirit? Where do you need to make improvements?