Sunday, January 03, 2021
Look Forward and Run
There are times when the circumstances of life catch us by surprise, seem overwhelming, and appear endless. God will not only use these difficult seasons, but He will guide us through them. As we close out a year that has felt like a great and terrible wilderness, what does God want us to learn? What does He want us to do as we move into a new year? To find the answers we’ll turn to the book of Deuteronomy to see how God instructed His people, who were literally in the wilderness, and how it applies to us today.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Regardless of our circumstances, Christians are to live “sent” in all places they find themselves.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Are you prepared and ready to run for God in 2021? Is there anything holding you back, any area you need to step up in?
- Much has changed in the last year. How has the removal of things we were “used to” focused you on God more, given you a better appetite for God, or allowed you to see Him more clearly? Share.
- Read Deuteronomy 8:17. How does a prideful heart distance us from God?
- Read Deuteronomy 8:11. Why do you think we lose sight of God so easily when things are going well or when we have much?
- Read Hebrews 13:15. What does it look like to continually praise the Lord? How can praising God keep us humble (pride-less) and grateful?
- Read Romans 10:14–15, 2 Corinthians 5:20, and Matthew 5:16. What does living “sent” look like for you in the days ahead? What does living “sent” look like for your group in 2021? Share ideas, get creative and be innovative.
- What has God impressed upon your heart through this series? Share one thing or one change you need to make based on what He is teaching you? How can your group help keep you accountable in this area?
- Hearing from God comes from spending time with Him through the Word. How was your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.