In This Series
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is Jesus? Part 2
- Witness #1: John the Baptist
- Different Approaches… Same Results
- The First Miracle
- The Cleansing of the Temple
- The New Birth
- He Must Increase… What About You?
- Life’s Crucial Issue
- “Learning from the Master” Part 1
- “Learning from the Master” Part 2
The Book of John (11)
Sunday, January 26, 2020
Life’s Crucial Issue
Take Away / Application
Genuine belief in Jesus Christ is a matter of life and death.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Keep your Bible open to John 3:31–36 throughout group discussion.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- Discuss the differences between someone who exhibits genuine faith and someone who does not.
- In your notes, it says, “The only division God sees is those who are truly His and those who are not.” Discuss. How can the truth of this statement lead to a greater desire in reaching others with the Gospel?
- Read Romans 10:17. Genuine belief is based on facts, facts from God’s Word. Do you believe all of God’s Word is factual? Why or why not?
- What does it look like to have a loving conversation with someone who does not think God’s Word is factual?
- In your notes under, “Foolish pursuits to find ‘life’.”, which example do you tend to gravitate toward? What changes, if any, do you need to make in abandoning any foolish pursuit?
- Read Matthew 12:30 and 25:46. Why can we not take a stance of neutrality when it comes to Jesus and eternity.
- In what ways do you tend to take a stance of neutrally when it comes to Jesus? Discuss with your group how you can stand firm in your faith and be more bold about Jesus.
- Read John 3:36. How can your actions more reflect your belief in Christ?