In This Series
- Leaving a Legacy
- When the Romance Fades
- Navigating the Teenage Years
- Children are Wet Cement
- The Dangers of the Digital World
- How to Affair-Proof Your Marriage
- Let’s Consult the Architect
Family Advisory: Explicit Instructions (7)
Sunday, October 01, 2017
Let’s Consult the Architect
Take Away / Application
- Marriage is the foundation of the family.
- When it comes to marriage and the family, God’s opinion is the only opinion that counts.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your Group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have your group members figure things out together.
- What do you think the current state of families, marriages and parenting is? Explain your thoughts.
- When it comes to family, parenting or life issues, where do you typically go or turn to for advice?
- Do agree with the statement, “When it comes to marriage and the family, God’s opinion is the only opinion that counts.” Why or why not. If you agree with this statement, is it reflected in your views/beliefs/actions on marriage, family or parenting?
- Read Revelation 2:4. Is Jesus your first love? When it comes to dating, parenting, or marriage, why do you think it’s important for Jesus to be first in your life? If Jesus is not your first love, what steps do you need to take to see that become a reality? How can your group help?
- Read Genesis 2:24–25. Pastor Harrell brought our attention to the order of these verses: Man and woman leave their parents, they get married then they consummate their marriage. Discuss the importance of this order and it’s affect on pre-marital and extra-marital sex. Do you agree or disagree?
- If you have experienced difficulty in your marriage, are separated or divorced, read Isaiah 43:18–19 and Revelation 21:5. Remember God can repair, restore and heal anyone. Do you believe these verses? Discuss. How can your group help you with healing?
- If you are unmarried, how does today’s message impact your view of marriage? Has your view changed? Explain.