In This Series
The Promise (0)
Sunday, December 09, 2018
Lessons from a Teenage Girl
Take Away / Application
Allowing God to use you through:
- Believing His Word.
- Doing His will.
- Placing a priority on worship.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What is the biggest promise you’ve kept in your life? What’s the biggest promise that’s been broken in your life?
- Do you have difficulty believing God’s Word? Share why or why not. How would you, in a relational way, discuss the truth of God’s Word with someone who doesn’t believe the Bible? Discuss as a group and find Scripture to support your conversation.
- From the smallest areas of life to the biggest, discuss how God provides for you. (Ex. Your very breath, warm clothes, peace, strength, etc.)
- In today’s message we were challenged to, “Determine to do God’s will.” What’s does that look like for you personally?
- Read James 1:22. When being doers of God’s Word, talk is cheap and we’re to act on the things God tells us to do. In what areas of your life do you find it most difficult to follow God or act on the instructions of God’s Word?
- “God is interested in our character more than He is our comfort.” Share about a time when things were extremely “uncomfortable”, yet God developed your character in a good way.
- Read Luke 1:47–48. When Mary went to worship the Lord, how did she describe herself (v48)? Why is this of significance and what can we learn from Mary?
- In what ways or areas of your life do you find it easiest to worship? What areas are the most difficult? How can believing in God’s Word and determining to do God’s will help you in worship?