In This Series
- A Miracle Performed… A Murder Planned
- A Portrait of Genuine Faith
- “Learning from the Master” Part 3
- “Learning from the Master” Part 2
- “Learning from the Master” Part 1
- Life’s Crucial Issue
- He Must Increase… What About You?
- The New Birth
- The Cleansing of the Temple
- The First Miracle
- Different Approaches… Same Results
- Witness #1: John the Baptist
- Who is Jesus? Part 2
- Who is Jesus?
The Book of John (14)
Sunday, February 16, 2020
“Learning from the Master” Part 3
Take Away / Application
God has commissioned and commanded you to be involved in reaching people for Jesus.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Keep your Bible open to John 4:31–35 throughout group discussion.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- Share about a time when you’ve missed a big opportunity.
- Read John 4:31–32. In the account of the woman at the well, Jesus teaches us the priority of spiritual things over physical things. What tasks in life tend to consume your attention and push out the spiritual things God has for you?
- Review “Motivating factors to tell people about Jesus” in your notes. What barriers keep us from talking to other people about Christ?
- Read John 4:34. Jesus was sustained by the will and work of God. What sustains and satisfies you the most (Possessions, Money, Power, Etc. or is it truly Jesus)?
- How does spending time with Jesus affect your life? Is studying the Word of God and submitting to it normal practice for you? Does it lead to action: Allowing God to change you where you need to change? Putting in to practice what God wants you to do?
- Read John 4:35. Are you stirred, as Jesus was, to reach people with the Gospel? Why or why not?
- Read John 4:28–30. What encouragement can you take from the woman at the well, who was inexperienced in sharing her faith, yet unashamedly brought many to Jesus?
- What obstacle, if any, will you ask God to remove so you can help bring someone to Christ?
In what way(s) will you make yourself available to share Jesus with people this week?