In This Series
- A Miracle Performed… A Murder Planned
- A Portrait of Genuine Faith
- “Learning from the Master” Part 3
- “Learning from the Master” Part 2
- “Learning from the Master” Part 1
- Life’s Crucial Issue
- He Must Increase… What About You?
- The New Birth
- The Cleansing of the Temple
- The First Miracle
- Different Approaches… Same Results
- Witness #1: John the Baptist
- Who is Jesus? Part 2
- Who is Jesus?
The Book of John (14)
Sunday, February 09, 2020
“Learning from the Master” Part 2
Take Away / Application
All Christians are called to witness and share their faith. By observing how Jesus interacted with the woman at the well, we can learn from the Master how to best evangelize in a Christ-like way.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Keep your Bible open to John 4:16–42 throughout group discussion.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- When you hear the words, “evangelism” and “witness”, what comes to mind? Do you believe you have a personal role in evangelizing or witnessing for Jesus Christ? Why or why not.
- As a group, take time to look up and read Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:19–20, Matthew 9:37–38, 1 Peter 3:15, Romans 1:16, Acts 1:18, Colossians 4:2–6, and Isaiah 6:8.
- What does it mean to witness with your life and lips? Can you do one without the other? Explain your answer.
- Discuss with the statement, “a witnessing person must be a praying person.” Who are you praying for in this regard?
- In your notes, review the four “Factors the need to weighed.” Discuss how you can implement these and share about any past experiences where these factors have proved true.
- When sharing your faith, what have been some of the most common objections you’ve faced?
- Read Romans 3:23. Can you witness or evangelize without coming to a point where you address sin? Discuss.
Start on your knees this week, and begin to pray for witness opportunities, relationships to be built with non-believers, and boldness to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.