In This Series
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is Jesus? Part 2
- Witness #1: John the Baptist
- Different Approaches… Same Results
- The First Miracle
- The Cleansing of the Temple
- The New Birth
- He Must Increase… What About You?
- Life’s Crucial Issue
- “Learning from the Master” Part 1
- “Learning from the Master” Part 2
- “Learning from the Master” Part 3
- A Portrait of Genuine Faith
- A Miracle Performed… A Murder Planned
The Book of John (14)
Sunday, February 02, 2020
“Learning from the Master” Part 1
Take Away / Application
Learn from Jesus: we have the opportunity to leverage every conversation, every encounter, every day to bring something of Jesus to people.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Keep your Bible open to John 4:1–15 throughout group discussion.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- Read Psalm 37:23. How are you at seeing the “divine appointments” God gives you each day? What things lead us to miss the “divine appointments” in our lives?
- Did God use an individual to impact your decision to follow Christ? If so share.
- What things do you find easy about sharing your faith in Jesus? What things do you find difficult?
- Read John 16:7–8. Who convicts people of their sin?
- Read John 6:44. Who draws people to Jesus?
- Read 1 Corinthians 3:5–8. Who converts people or “gives the increase”?
- If the Holy Spirit convicts, if God draws and converts, according to Romans 10:13–15, what is your role? The word *“preacher”* means, *“to announce or make known publicly”*
- Don’t try to be anyone else, just be the best you, you can be. According to 2 Corinthians 5:20 what are Christians (you) considered? What does ambassador mean?
- Your life and your words have the opportunity to make Jesus known. How can we take the responsibility of 2 Corinthians 5:20 and the action of Romans 10:13–15 a reality in our lives and words this week?
Pray that your life and your words will speak of Jesus Christ; every moment of every day.