In This Series
- The Holy Spirit
- Love and Joy
Fruit Of The Spirit (9)
Sunday, August 04, 2019
Director of Young Adults & Assimilation
Take Away / Application
Kindness may not matter to everyone, but it will matter to someone.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Regarding kindness, what most impacted from the message?
- How would you define kindness? What are the things that cause you to be cruel or rude?
- When have you most been filled with kindness?
- Danny asked three introductory questions: Do you operate more from the flesh or the Spirit? Do you rely on yourself or the finished work of Jesus? Do your life and words match? How are these questions intertwined?
- The key characteristics of the flesh are inward-focused (see notes). Which of the three do you struggle with the most? What biblical remedy can help you with the area you struggle with? (If needed, work as a group to find the biblical remedy)
- Review (in your notes) what kindness is not. What blocks the practice of kindness in my life?
- Review (in your notes) what kindness is. How can I make kindness function better, stronger, and faster, even in times of uncertainty and stress?
- Read John 15:1–8 and 1 John 3:16–23. What issue is in your life that would improve with more kindness?
Please pray for the Hamer family who is serving as missionaries in Estonia. You can learn more about Craig, Reena and their family on our missionaries page.