In This Series
- The Final Warning!
- Will America Survive?
- The Worst 3½ Years in Human History, Part 2
- The Worst 3½ Years in Human History, Part 1
- The Coming Invasion of Israel
- The Great Disappearance
- Jerusalem: Ground Zero
- The Stage Is Set
The End (8)
Sunday, October 31, 2021
Jerusalem: Ground Zero
This week we’re looking at the place that holds center stage during the end-times. It’s just one city in one small country. It’s less than 50 square miles. To bring it home, it has about the same number of people as right here in Columbus, Ohio.
It is a dot on the map.
But as Pastor Harrell brings the message on Sunday, we’ll see that when it comes to The End, Jerusalem isn’t just any city. It is literally Ground Zero. It all starts here, and this one city will hold the attention of the entire world.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
If you want to know what time it is on God’s calendar of events, pay attention to Israel.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How much time or thought have you given to Israel before today? When you think of Israel, what comes to mind?
- Read Genesis 12:1–3. Read the following bullet points and discuss. Did you know…
- When the Greeks overran Palestine and desecrated the altar in the Jewish temple, they were soon conquered by Rome.
- When Rome killed Paul and many others and destroyed Jerusalem under Titus, Rome soon fell.
- Spain was reduced to a fifth-rate nation after the Inquisition against the Jews.
- Poland fell after slaughtering Jews in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Hitler’s Germany crumbled after its anti-Semitism and slaughtering of Jews.
- Read the first sentence in Genesis 18:14. Nothing is too hard for the Lord. However, many times, whether sin, struggles, trust, belief, sorrow, etc.; we act or respond in such a way that “our situation” IS too hard for the Lord. Discuss.
- Read Genesis 17:5–8. Abraham and Sarai took things into their own hands instead of trusting God. In what ways do we try to do the same? Share about a time when you took a situation into your own hands instead of relying on God. How did things work out?
- Read Proverbs 14:12, 16:25. Then read Proverbs 3:5–6. God gives us the answer on how to navigate life in trusting Him. How can we apply this truth to our lives right now?
- Are you struggling with trusting God in any particular area of life? How can your group help or pray for you?
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- Ask group members to share where they’re reading in the Bible and how that time is going.
- Ask group members how their prayer time is going. Take time to pray for one another.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.