In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
Stand-Alone Sermons (0)
Sunday, January 20, 2019
It Will Paralyze You
Failure! Everyone has done it. Everyone will do it again. It’s a fact of life. It’s temporary. However, it can be one of the most powerful teaching tools that God uses in our life. Failure can bring about humility, a reliance on God, maturity and be leveraged to move us toward great things.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Failing is a fact of life that’s temporary, not to be feared and will be used by God as a teaching tool.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What do you consider a failure you’ve experienced in your life? How has that “failure” impacted your life? What was the biggest lesson you learned?
- Read James 3:2. If everyone fails, why do we try so hard to never make a mistake, fail or stumble?
- Is there a tendency to fear failure in your life? How do you typically deal with failing at something?
- Failure is temporary. Is there any past failure you’re carrying around today? Have you truly brought it to Jesus? How can your Group help or pray for you in this area?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:7. Through Christ, why is this verse a true statement? How does this verse apply to you moving forward?
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:16–18 and 1 Thessalonians 5:16–18. Are you able to glorify God when failures occur in your life? Why or why not?
- There’s a difference between failing and being a failure. You’re not a failure unless you quit. How do you need to renew your mind today, to prevent being paralyzed from moving forward?
Please pray for your parents, grandparents or the person who raised you. Take time this week to thank them and tell them you love them.