In This Series
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (24)
Sunday, August 02, 2020
It Is Required…
When God used the Apostle Paul to write 1 Corinthians 4:2, the message was crystal clear. Because God wants His church to know that no matter what our circumstances, we have got to be faithful. So He had Paul write it this way: “It Is Required…”Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
God requires His people to be faithful in the:
- Small things
- Secret things
- Sacred things
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read 1 Corinthians 4:2. Define “steward”. Define “faithful”.
- Discuss various areas you’ve been given stewardship over? Job responsibilities, marriage, kids, finances, the Gospel. etc.)
- Read Lamentations 3:22–23. In your notes, review the three points under “God is faithful…” How have you seen God’s faithfulness in these areas within your life? How have you seen God’s faithfulness in the last several months?
- Read Luke 16:10–11. The test of what you’d do in the spiritual realm is seen by what you do in the physical. Discuss the implications and ramifications of this truth.
- In your notes, review “Faithfulness Fleshed Out”. Where do you need to ask God to grow you in the area of faithfulness to hear “well done good and faithful servant”? Ask the group for help. Let them come alongside you and pray for you.
- How is growing in faithfulness tied to growing in our relationship with Jesus? (Two of the most basic and foundational ways we grow in our relationship with Jesus is through time in God’s Word and prayer.)
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? Share how it’s impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.