In This Series
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- THE, Part 2
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (40)
Sunday, August 09, 2020
It All Comes Down to This
When Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was, He had many to choose from. But with God, there will only ever be one that has to claim that top spot. And because Jesus knew It All Comes Down to This, He began to answer their question this way: “You shall love the Lord your God…”Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
A very personal God desires for us to put Him first by passionately loving Him. He then wants us to practically put that love into action by loving others.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- Why do people view God as impersonal, far off, or uninvolved?
- Read Psalm 139:1–18 and see how personal God is. Discuss what verses stick out to you in this passage and why.
- If you look at your week, what or who gets most of your time? How can you more passionately love God throughout your upcoming week? What needs to change to love Him more? Does something need to go away, does something need to be added?
- Discuss the statement, “Show me what you love and I’ll show you what you believe.”
- Loving God for who He is rather than what He can do, many times, is revealed in our prayer life. How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
- When love for God is preeminent, it’s unaffected by the good and bad circumstances in our lives. What can we do to keep our love for God preeminent when the circumstances of life hit?
- Over the next month, as a group, individual, or family, how can you practically carry out Matthew 22:39?
Prayer or Action Step
Lord, help me to love you more!
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.