In This Series
- Take the Opportunity
- How Does God Forgive Sin?
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- THE, Part 2
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (42)
Sunday, September 26, 2021
How Does God Forgive Sin?
You can’t escape sin. We’re born into it, and it has a very steep price tag. And while God can’t ever overlook our sin, He didn’t leave us without hope. As 1 Peter 3:18 says, “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust…” So when we ask “How Does God Forgive Sins?” the answer is found by looking to the Cross.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Jesus is the key to God’s forgiveness of sin.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How would you explain, what sin is, to someone? Is there any Scripture that helps you with his definition? (Hint: Exodus 20) In what ways have we become normalized sin?
- Read Isaiah 6:3, Exodus 15:11, Psalm 86:8–10, Isaiah 40:25, 57:15. How would explain God’s holiness to someone?
- Read Romans 3:10–18, 23? Do you truly believe ALL are sinners and NONE are righteous?
- Read Romans 6:23. All sin requires payment, that payment is death. What does Hebrews 9:22 say about this? Compare these verses with Jesus’ statement in John 15:13 and what Paul writes in Romans 5:7–11.
- Read through the “Four Things About The Death Of Jesus” in your notes. Which of these impacted you the most and why?
- Read Romans 5:8–9 and Galatians 2:16. What does it mean to be justified?
- Where are you reading in the Bible right now? What is God teaching you?
- How is your prayer life doing?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.